And, now, for the second installment of The WIR. Here’s some of the latest news, links, and articles about sex and sexuality.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s baby was born this weekend. To celebrate, Jay-Z wrote a track called “Glory” containing some of the sweetest lyrics and even mentions Beyoncé’s miscarriage. Jezebel explains the significance of this.
- A discussion on how menstruation is seen as a topic to be avoided and all men disgusted by. “Oh, god, your natural female body is so gross!”
- Myths about HIV still run strong, which can be very harmful. Get the facts straight.
- The US is called out for being out of sync with contraception and women’s reproductive rights.
- A bill received preliminary approval by LA City Council to enforce condom use in the porn industry.
- Senator Al Franken released a video urging folks to contact their representative to support the Student Non-Discrimination Act. The bill “would ban discrimination and harassment in public schools based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and require schools to protect LGBT students when they are threatened.”
- Mitt Romney may have won the NH Republican Primary, but he’s still a tool. He’s not sure about the right to contraception and pressured a young, single mother to put her baby up for adoption.
- Men Can Stop Rape has a new ad campaign called Where do You Stand? targeting college men and putting the responsibility where it belongs. They’re pretty awesome.
- Speaking of awesome ads, a series of advertisements are up in San Francisco in honor of Roe v. Wade Anniversary happening next weekend. Check out the banners, one of which reads “U.S. Out of my Uterus.”