This week’s roundup of news, articles, and links in the sexual health world are brought to you by the letters S, O, P, A.
- NYC’s Community Health Network released new PSAs developed by their own teen clients. The “More Than Just Sex Campaign is youth-friendly and realistic. Below is the video “The Importance of Condoms”. Check out their site other great PSAs.
- It’s official. The LA City Council has made condoms mandatory for all adult film actors. Porn industry threatens to leave LA.
- New findings from abortion research show abortion rates are lower in regions with liberal abortion. It also reports that nearly half of all abortions worldwide are unsafe, most of which occur in the developing world.
- Women in the U.S. military lack access to abortion with narrow exceptions. However, they experience high rates of sexual assault and rape as well as higher rates of unintended pregnancy. It is evident that military women need access to a full range of reproductive health services.
- The very offensive and not at all funny ABC sitcom Work It has been cancelled. Hallelujah.
- According to new guidelines for the American Heart Association, it is safe to resume sexual activity for most heart patients. This is the first time AHA has ever addressed sex, a topic most cardiologists do not discuss with their patients.
- This PSA is a true gem. The Purity Bear Will Keep You Abstinent. This is not a parody.
- The Ryan Gosling meme never gets old. Public Health Ryan Gosling might just be the best one yet.
- Breaking News: Obama Administration Approves Rule That Guarantees Near-Universal Contraceptive Coverage
If you like this blog and my links, be sure to help support freedom of expression by urging Congress to vote NO on SOPA and PIPA.